“Autumn’s fresh pecans—plump and tender for Imperial Harvest Pecan Cake…” Did the same actor do the voiceovers for every commercial from the ’50s and early ’60s? I swear they all sound alike.
Vintage commercial, Imperial Sugar Harvest Pecan Cake (1962)
Here are some fun pecan facts from NationalPecanDay.com
- Pecans are known for their buttery flavor and soft crunch.
- The pecan tree is the only nut tree native to North America.
- Pecan is a Native American word, of Algonquin origin, used to describe “all nuts requiring a stone to crack.”
- Today on the tray: Pecan sandies (michaelstvtray.com)
- Today on the tray: Aunt Sally’s Pecan Pralines (michaelstvtray.com)